The following details the list of fixes made and
included in this patch.
- - Fixed a potential problem with hit points
becoming negative with characters having very high Constitution
- - Fixed a potential crash on dial-up and serial
games when viewing some transitional movies.
- - Fixed potential saving problem with "Auto-Pause
on Trap Detection" feature.
- - Fixed a message displayed when a PC has a
full inventory and an NPC tries to give the PC an item.
- - Adjustments made to the end game for some
people who would not get the ending movies after the final conflict.
- - Fixed a problem with salamanders not always
displaying their aura effects.
- - Removed dependency on Winsock 2 (should help
for Windows 95 users).
- - Fixed a weapon problem on Fire Elementals.
- - Fixed a display bug with derived THAC0 when
the Prayer spell was active.
- - Fixed a problem with a potion that gave permanent
magic resistance removing it's permanent effect after reloading
- - The Robe of the Watcher now gives the 10%
magic resistance bonus.
- Using Notepad or another text editor, open
the 'icewind.ini' file in your game directory (default: C:\Program
Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale) and locate the line that says
"[Game Options]". If you wish to use the feature mentioned below,
enter the text found within the quotes (but not the quotes themselves)
on to their own line:
"Show Quest XP=1
" This will display the actual amount of experience
points you receive when completing quests.
Show Quest XP=1 ... etc ...